FPVC RECRUITING GUIDE
FOR SHOWCASE INFORMATION, CLICK THE BUTTON TO THE RIGHT.
Sit down with your family and set your goals. Set Goals That Motivate You. When you set goals for yourself, it is important that they motivate you: this means making sure that they are important to you, and that there is value in achieving them. ...
- Set SMART Goals. ...
- Set Goals in Writing. ...
- Make an Action Plan. ...
- Stick With It!
When it comes to goal setting for the next step in your volleyball career, you will want to ask yourself these questions:
- Do I want to stay in California or am I willing to go out of state. If I am willing to go out of state, then how far?
- Am I a Division 1, 2 or 3 athlete?
- If I get injured, will I be at the school that is right for me academically?
Make a list of your top 20-30 schools, rank them in order of importance based on academics and athletics.
Meet with our staff to help you set up your action plan. This will include:
- Gathering emails for the schools on your list (we have a database we will share with you)
- Setting up a schedule for you to contact the coaches/schools on your list
- Go over the recruiting calendar, rules about visits, contacts, etc
Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center
Make your skills video and highlight video. Our staff will help you with your skills video. We will also help guide you through making your highlight video. You will need game footage. Once you have enough game footage, you can edit your own video or we can refer someone to you that does this sort of stuff for a living! Just depends on how fancy you want to get!